Watch Chef Chris cook this recipe: here.
- 2—5 oz. cans tuna, well-drained
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Sriracha to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon MSG
- 3 large slices of sourdough bread
- 4 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- Combine all ingredients except the bread and cheese. Mix gently until well-combined
- Spread the tuna mixture on the 3 slices of bread.
- Top with cheese slices.
- In a hot sauté pan with a small amount of olive oil, brown the bottom of the tuna melts.
- Remove from the sauté pan and place on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in a hot oven (450˚ F) or under the broiler until the cheese is well melted (and perhaps a bit browned).
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Calories: 580
- Fat: 32g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Protein: 38g
- Sodium: 1130mg
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 0g