This is a great way to use up cooked spaghetti and whatever else you have in the refrigerator! Watch Chef Chris cook this recipe: here.
- 2 tablespoons (or more) quality olive oil
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups (well-heaping) cooked spaghetti
- 8 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon MSG
- Several pinches black pepper
- ½ to ⅔ cup chopped ham or turkey lunch meat, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Tomato sauce (perhaps with a bit of ground chipotle chile)
- In a 10-inch non-stick skillet of medium heat, sauté onion in olive oil until softened and lightly browned.
- Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add pasta and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes, stirring frequently. It may be necessary to add some additional olive oil.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, MSG and black pepper.
- Pour the eggs over the hot pasta in the sauté pan. Add cheese and ham or turkey (or anything else you want to add!). Stir lightly until the eggs begin to cook on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and reduce heat to moderate. Cook for about 7 minutes or until the bottom is lightly browned and the eggs have started to solidify.
- Remove the lid and place a plate on top of the eggs. Holding the plate firmly to the top of the sauté pan, flip the frittata onto the plate. Slide the frittata back into the pan to continue cooking what was previously the top. It may be necessary to add some additional olive oil.
- Cook for 2 more minutes until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Slide onto a plate and serve with tomato sauce.
- Calories: 440
- Fat: 23g
- Cholesterol: 395mg
- Protein: 25g
- Sodium: 920mg
- Carbohydrate: 33g
- Fiber: 1g