- ½ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoons ground cayenne
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon MSG
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into long, thick strips (about 1 ½ inches wide)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the chicken. Add the chicken to the marinade and stir well to coat the chicken evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and marinade for 12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the refrigerator and grill over high heat to get prominent grill marks.
- Serve with grilled naan, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, and yogurt raita (recipe below).