Prep Time: 20 mins
- 4 ½ cups grilled corn kernels*
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- ¼ cup very thinly sliced green onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup finely grated cotija cheese
- 2 ½ tablespoons finely minced chipotle in adobo sauce
- ¾ teaspoon MSG
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Combine all the ingredients.
- Serve with nacho chips for dipping.
*Grilled Corn Kernels
This should yield about 4 ½ cups of corn. This is about the equivalent of 3-15 oz. cans of corn.
- Shuck 7 ears of corn. Brush them with olive oil.
- Grill the corn on a hot grill, turning regularly, until it is lightly charred, and the kernels are tender.
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool.
- Stand the ears up on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the kernels from each ear by cutting toward the cutting board.