- 2 medium-sized skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces or diced into crumbles
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 1 can unsweetened corn
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 dashes of white pepper powder, plus extra for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch of MSG
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs, whisked
- Scallions to top
- Cut chicken breasts into medium sized pieces. Boil until cooked and then remove from water.
- Mince chicken into crumbles for the soup, or cut into smaller pieces.
- In a large pot, combine chicken stock, chicken, and corn and bring to a boil.
- Add in sesame oil, white pepper powder for flavor, turmeric for color and MSG for a kick of umami flavor.
- Add water and cornstarch in a separate bowl, mix together, and then add to the soup to help thicken the broth.
- Finally, crack 4 eggs into a separate bowl and beat them. Turn your heat to medium and swirl your soup into a vortex and add in your eggs while stirring to create nice wispy strands.
For longer, wispier strands of eggs; let the egg strands sit after one initial slow stir. For servings, add a dash of white pepper and scallions to top of soup.
- Calories: 320
- Fat: 11G
- Cholesterol: 260MG
- Protein: 34G
- Sodium: 470MG
- Carbohydrate: 18G
- Fiber: 1G